Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bugs

With the new spring weather finally starting to take hold, I am getting worn out of school. The warm weather outside make it close to impossible to stay inside, which teachers seem to make us do a lot. I hate sitting in a boring class while looking out a window to the magnificent warm world outside. It makes me mad. I just want to go lie in the grass and take a nap, what’s so wrong about that? (everything if you’re a teacher)

Like I said, the warm weather is finally starting to come around on a regular basis. This means that baseball is starting, school is ending, and the bugs are coming back. I loathe bugs. I wish they would disappear and never, ever come back. They are annoying, they are persistent, and they are always places that you don’t want them to be. I can’t stand them. They get on my nerves and stay until I am finally able to find some way to kill it. But it seems like there is an endless supply of bugs, so there is always another one willing to take the dead ones place, kind of like the Chinese army.

And this would be one of the few reasons why would continue to live in Iowa. The winter kills all the bugs, so there is a time of relative peace if you can stand the negative temperatures. The winter in Iowa is bug free, and it is fabulous. I love walking my dog and not having to swat at the millions of bugs revolving around my head (if my boots aren’t filled with snow). I love not having to chase a bug that followed me through the door around the house (if my feet aren’t frozen from the tiles). I love it (if you interpret love as I can’t wait for warm weather, but I still hate bugs). But when the spring weather brings around heat and water, the bugs multiply. It is almost an instant change. One day they are completely gone, and the next there are more then the entire human population of the world. If you are lucky, you might catch a warning and see one or two a day or so in advance of the outburst. And this is why I hate spring, bugs. There is no way to avoid them, there is no way to kill them all. They are always present, they are everywhere. I can’t stand bugs. 

No comments: