Monday, April 27, 2009

Making a Very Difficult Decision

Making decisions can be difficult. Making decisions about food can be even more difficult. When I am at a restaurant the one thing that I choose off the menu is the thing that I am going to spend my time eating, so I want it to be the best possible choice. I don’t want to waste my one opportunity on something that I will regret later, so I truly have to think about what it is I want to eat on that particular occasion.

The first thing that I take into consideration is what I’m in the mood for. But this is usually taken care of by the choice of restaurant anyway, so I don’t have to think that much about it. The second thing is how hungry I am. The answer to this is usually “very” so there is a good chance I am looking for something with a rather large portion. But if the place seems to have good deserts, then I might consider a smaller meal so I can enjoy the desert to the fullest. But after I take in those thought, I basically am open to anything. So that is my decision process at a restaurant.

I guess one could call me a true American because I really like a good hamburger. Actually, I could be called a hamburger connoisseur. If we are eating at an American restaurant, I am likely to get the hamburger. I have tried hamburgers from all over, and I have tried many different hamburgers, but there are a few that always outdo the rest. So here’s a list:Best Fast Food Burger: Culver’s Double Butterburger with Cheese

Best Expensive Burger: Beckett’s Traditional Hamburger 

Best BBQ Burger: Granite City’s BBQ Hamburger with Cheese

Best Overall Burger: The Starlite Room’s ½ pound Super Burger

Then after I enjoy my hamburger, I like to have some desert. This is the decision that always gets me. I can never decide what to get because most of the time it all looks so good. I want to have a little bit of everything, but I can’t, I have to decide on one. When I'm in a predicament like this, I usually go with whatever has the most chocolate in it. The hardest place to decide what to get for desert is Hickory Park. This place carries Blue Bunny Ice Cream, and its desert menu is larger then the regular menu. It’s actually kind of like heaven. 

No comments: