Monday, May 25, 2009

Season Finale

This whole blogging thing is rather odd. Anybody that has access to the Internet can stumble across your blog on any given day. You can write whatever you want. You can piss people off. You can make friends. You can have a good time writing something that in all likelihood, one about 3 people will ever read.

I like blogging. This is a statement that I rarely wrote this year. I hardly ever found the time and motivation to sit down and actually write something. Sometimes I complained that this whole blogging thing was wrong. But I think that I am better off for blogging. I discovered a whole world where anyone can say anything, then anyone can comment back and say anything. It’s a unique, never ending cycle that gets you caught up in your opinions and thoughts.

I think that I explain myself in my Why I Blog post. I like to blog, I just didn’t on a consistent basis this year. I don’t know. I guess I just didn’t have the motivation to actually follow through. It was one of those things where I could either go play basketball for a bit or do a blog post. More often then not, I chose basketball.

I think its pretty cool to have a blog. It’s kind of like a status symbol in the age of technology. “Yeah, I got a blog, what about you?” Not that I determine someone’s level of coolness on whether they have a blog or not. When I look back at this, I’m going to be pleased that I had a blog. I think its going to be here forever, so I can tell my kids to go read it if they want to know what their dad was like when he was in high school. Or maybe by the time I have kids, blogs will be outdated, just like the way my dad always tells me he never had a phone, or a computer, or an iPod thing. All I know is that I like being able to post a video, then talk about it and tell people to go watch more of them and give them the link to do that. Technology is an amazing thing, and I am glad to have been a part of it. I think that I will continue my blog. Not with the 3 posts of 400 words a week, but in my own terms. I will continue to post when I feel like I have something that needs to be said. Hopefully there is some regularity to it, but I can’t guarantee anything. 

No comments: